Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Winter Update! (Update #7)



I know, I know, I haven’t posted anything on here in ages, but I figured I should fill you guys in on what’s happening with my book.

So, over winter break, I had my book edited again, this time by the lovely Taren Blankenship who really helped me out with formatting and everything. I was also really nice to hear an opinion on it that wasn’t from my family. She was a great help and I really appreciated her volunteering to edit for me. (If you read this Taren, you’re getting thanked in the acknowledgements!)

After reading it over another two times, I feel like it’s ready for publishing, but there still the smallest bit of doubt in me that doesn’t want to publish it yet.

I really don’t know what it is and I didn’t have this same problem with my last book, probably because I wasn’t as serious about it and wanted to publish it really fast just for that sake of saying that I published a book.

I also really need to publish it because I started writing the sequel but I realized that I can’t get that much into it unless I publish the first one.

I think it might be partly because that I’m afraid what other people will say about it. Considering how much effort and time I put into this book, I’m just afraid that people will hate it and give it bad reviews. I know I’m not the best writer in the world and criticism comes with everything these days, and I’m expecting at least some bad review for it, but I’m still nervous about people hating it.

I’m also not exactly sure about how I should go about advertising it once I’m done with it. I’ll admit that more people know who I am right now than they did when I published my first book, but still, I’m not sure if anyone will really put forth the money to buy it.

After a lot of thought about sending it off to indie publishers and literary agents, I decided that I really don’t want to do that. For me, that’s just really time consuming and it’s just going to lead to more rejection. I also feel that since I wrote the book, I want to advertise for it and I want to get the full profit that might come with it.

So yeah, hopefully The Unusual Isles will be out and ready for purchase by the time I graduate from high school. I realize that I was pushing for Christmas time, but I knew in my mind that that deadline was never going to be met.

So stay tuned and I will definitely update you guys when I publish it!

~K.M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment