Friday, November 1, 2013

October Update (Update #5)

Well, the month of October hasn't been completely useless in terms of my writing.

I put up a poll on my Facebook page to vote for the cover of The Unusual Isles. Although the picture I like the best has one of the least amounts of votes, I might still end up using it anyways because I think it fits the mood of the book best.

I also set a goal for myself to edit two pages of The Unusual Isles a day so that by the time Christmas rolls around, I can focuse on self-publishing it. Because of this plan, did I figure out what I'm going to do about NaNoWriMo this year.

I do not have the time to even try to attempt to do this this year, but I have however made up something I like to call National Edit a Novel in a Month (and a half). With this goal, it still feels like I'm accomplishing something, but it's a goal that isn't quite as ambitious and something that I actually need to accomplish.

I'm not very sure how well I'm going to stick to this goal though considering I can't even keep up with posting on this blog.

In other non novel writing news, I switched one of my classes for next semester to take a new online course called Human Expressions which is an English course that combines literature, culture, art, music, and other things. This is a pilot program at my school and I was asked to take it because they want people who are inependent learners who will give honest feedback on it. I am actually veey excited to take it because it sounds really interesting. The only thing I'm concerned about is having to keep up with double reading from AP English and this other course. Thankfully, I also have a study hall next semester which will benefit me greatly and hopefully The Unusual Isles will be out and published by then and I won' have that to worry about any more.

So that's basically everything that's happened in October and I'll be sure to keep you all updated on happenings in November.

~K.M.D.

(I apologize for any spelling/grammar errors. I typed this out on my iPad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment