Monday, May 5, 2014

Ask the Author #4!



I thought I would do another ask the author, but this time answering questions that aren’t as much about writing, so you guys can get to know me as a person a little better.

These questions come from my friends Lauren and Zack, who I asked for questions about a year ago and never got around to answering on here until now. :)

Q: What if your favorite TV show?
A: I have a LOT of favorite TV shows, but some of my favorites are Once Upon a Time, King of the Nerds, Heroes, The Amazing Race, America’s Got Talent, and Survivor.

Q: What if your favorite book/author?
A: My favorite author is Khaled Hosseini. I have too many favorite books to even begin to list a few.

Q: What book can you not stand that everyone else likes?
A: THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS SERIES. This has got to be up there with the worst books I have ever read in my life, and I honestly don’t get why the fandom is so large. However, a lot of my close friends don’t like this book as well, so at least I’m not the only one.

Q: What is the worst book you have ever read and why?
A: The worst book I’ve ever read for school is The Sun also Rises by Ernest Hemmingway. I really hated this book and the entire thing was about sex and dinking and it was really boring and stupid. (For example: We went to a bar then crossed the street to go to another bar, then I came home and some people came over and we drank some more and when they left I cried about how I can’t have sex). This was what the entire book was like.
The worst book that I’ve read for fun that I can think of off the top of my head right now is The Girl in the Area. I got this book because it said that you would like it if you liked The Hunger Games, but this book was honestly so bad I couldn’t get past the first 40 pages no matter how hard I tried. The plot in general was really stupid, it was formatted in a weird way that really pissed me off, the main character was annoying, it lacked a lot of action (for being described as an action book) and character development, the main character’s decisions seemed random without any explanation, and the violence that was in it was random and out of place.

Q: If you were given a million dollars, what would you do with it?
A: I would first of all put some of it aside so I could pay for college (have to be the boring responsible one). I would also move out and buy or rent an apartment somewhere (assuming I would be in college by then). I would buy a new laptop, get a better camera, and some other stuff so I can make better quality Youtube videos. I would go and buy a huge wall sized bookshelf and buy a whole bunch of books and manga to fill it up with. I would probably just save whatever I had left, if I had anything left.

Q: TV show or movie that you like that no one would expect you to like?
A: The anime series Free. If I were just searching for things to watch, I would have never in a million years decided to watch it, but my friend recommended it, so I watched it and it is now one of my favorite animes.

Q: Favorite board game?
A: Probably Apples to Apples or if we’re talking like actual board games, Life Twists and Turns.

Q: Favorite video game?
A: Toss-up between My Sims Kingdom and Mario Kart 7. Alice the Madness returns is up there as well, although I never played through the whole thing.

Q: Favorite place to shop at?
A: Barnes and Nobel duh? But realistically in terms of clothing, like 90% of my wardrobe is from Aeropostale. I do also love Forever 21 and Hot Topic.

Q: Eye color?
A: dark brown

Q: Age you get mistaken for?
A: Pretty much whatever age I am, which is currently 17.

Q: Last time you cried?
A: Watching the Budweiser Super Bowl commercial with the puppy and the horse. Yes I know, it’s a really stupid thing to cry over, but that commercial was just too cute!

Q: Favorite songs at the moment?
A: Make it Up by Sam Tsui. He is a really awesome lesser known artist. He’s both pretty big on Youtube and I recommend you check him out! Also, Classic by MKTO.

So, this is ask the author for today! I hope you enjoyed reading my answers and now know me as a person better!

~K.M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment