Thursday, May 8, 2014

March/April Update! (Update #8)



I am stuck in the absolute worst editing loop in the world right now. I literally cannot stop myself from editing over and over and over again and it’s starting to get really irritating. I always set these goals for myself as to when I’m going to finish certain things and be productive, but I almost never meet them. First I was planning on getting The Unusual Isles published during Christmas break, then it was spring break, then it was before the end of the school year/before my graduation party, and now that fact that I might want to get beta readers for it had just hit me and that might push this back into a over the summer kind of project, which I really would prefer not to do.

I told myself that after I finish editing it right now it’s going to be the last time ever, I’m going to send it in for copyright and then I can finally move on and get it published, but I’m not sure how well I’m going to live up to that statement. I also really need to finish it so I can get on with writing the sequel which I can’t currently because I have a mental block in my head that won’t allow me to write any more of it until I get The Unusual Isles out there and published.

Honestly though, I love this book and I am so emotionally invested into it and I care about it a lot. I think that’s the reason why I’m so anal about publishing this one, because I want it to be perfect, and I want someone out there other than my friends and family to actually read it and enjoy it.

On a side note I also had another idea that along with monthly update here on my blog, I might also do monthly vlog updates about my writing on my Youtube channel. I thought it might be cool to combine the two things a little bit and give my audience two different outlet to catch up on my writing on.

On another side note I also re-applied for Season three of America’s Next Great Author on Figment again this year. This is my third year applying for it (I’ve applied every season) and I’m hoping I’ve improved enough to make it at least slightly farther than I did last season, considering I won’t be a week without wi-if this year.

That is all for now!

~K.M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment