Thursday, March 5, 2015

Author Interview - Aaron O'Donoghue

Hey everyone! I'm going to start posting author interview on my blog, so here's my first one with Aaron O'Donoghue. An aspiring author and member of my street team!



1.      Tell us a little about yourself. What do you enjoy besides writing?
Music, video games, reading, art, a lot of things

2.      What are you working on right now? Tell us a little about it/them.
A series of books called the Saturday Club Adventures (S.C.A. for short) (21 books, 19x120 pages and 2x160 pages), which is about a youth club in Cork, Republic of Ireland, and their adventures and journeys and battle against D.P. (stands for Dark Psychos, the villainous group of the series), plus a number of short stories which are separate to the S.C.A.

3.      How long have you been writing?
Since I was 8.

4.      What are your goals for yourself as a writer?
To get my books published, and have my works studied by English students.

5.      What are some of your favorite authors? Books?
My favourite authors include Roald Dahl, Charles Dickens, William Shakespeare, Georgia Byng (Molly Moon series), Rick Riordan, Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games), Mark O'Halloran (a friend of mine and fellow writer, we reviews each other's works), Justin Richards (Time Runners), and of course Aaron O'Donoghue.

6.      What inspired you to begin writing?
I'm not actually sure, I just had (and still have) a crazy imagination, and wrote stories on the school computer in primary school (the first one I can remember is 'The Amazing Race'), and somehow, my 8-year-old mind knew the word 'trillion', as I remember seeing it appear in that story. But my friend Mark inspired me to write my current series by starting one and he told me, I got excited and wanted to find out more, and wrote a book for the series (as I assumed it was a group project), and then we teamed up, and I decided to start a series of my own.

7.      What advice do you have for other aspiring authors?
I would say: make the plot believable, original, interesting, make 3-dimensional characters: described physically and personality wise, otherwise, your readers will have mental images of stickmen/stickwomen when reading your books, and describe the settings well, but not to the point of boring the reader. And don't put in useless information.
8.      What’s your favorite genre to write?
Action and adventure especially, and a bit of comedy, sci-fi, thriller too.

9.      Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what kind?
Yes, any kind, rock, pop, original tracks (some made by me and my friends using Songify), remixes, instrumentals
Where to find Aaron
Saturday Club Adventures Wiki: http://saturday-club-adventures.wikia.com/wiki/Saturday_Club_Adventures_Wiki
Wattpad - The Ice Globes: http://www.wattpad.com/18349817-the-ice-globes

No comments:

Post a Comment