Sunday, September 1, 2013

Weekly Update #2


Hey guys, so this is my second update on what I am up to with my writing.
In terms of my novel, I’m expecting to finish it up relatively soon. I just recently got the final round of edits back from my Aunt Sue who was nice enough to read it over for the second time, and I am currently working on finishing up the editing and finalizing everything. I’m hoping to have it published by late September or October.
I’m already starting to look at cover designs for it. I have on picture in particular that I really want to use, because it fits the story so well, but I am still torn on what kind of filter I want to put on the picture to make it look cooler. Be on the lookout on my Facebook page in the future because I will most likely hold a poll on what cover to use.
Now that school has started up, I’m having a lot less time to write, but I’m doing the best I can to find the time for it. My AP English class is currently my hardest class and I have to invest a lot more time into that class than I originally anticipated, and I know once AP Calculus starts to pick up the pace I’m going to invest a lot of time into that class as well.
In terms of thing besides my novel, I didn’t end up making it into one of the writing competitions I applies for, but I am in a group with all of the people who didn’t make it in, and if you show enough improvement in your writing, you get to enter the real competition. I also participate in a write off between another person to get into the third round of another competition.  The prompt for the write off was to “write about a secret place” and I wrote a poem that I took inspiration from my summer reading book A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Wolf. I never thought that I would be glad I read that book.
Well that’s my update for the week. It’s not as long as the last one, but not much has happened. Thank’s for reading!
~K.M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment